Every 2nd Wednesday of the month, families will be gathering together around a meal to build an altar of praise, worship and prayer. If you are single or an empty nester, we also want to encourage you to gather together with others as a spiritual family to do the same. Have a wonderful time, and we look forward to hearing how your time went.
Dinner Table Discussion
Table discussion can include, but not limited to, the following questions.
- What kind of a person would you describe yourself as?
- What is the condition of your heart today?
- Choose a simple song to sing as a family.
- Have a short round of praising God for who He is.
Message for the family
The Road never Traveled
- Read p.175 (6/13) from ‘Abba’s Heart’ and prepare a short devotion appropriate for your family.
- The message can be paraphrased or read depending on the age of your group.
Read the following questions: Reflect, listen and share.
- How were you an enemy of God before you became a Christian?
- Do you make it a habit to pray for the enemies of God, that they would see His truth and one day turn to Him?
- How do you regularly seek the manifest presence of God? What are some practical ways?
- How can we see others through the eyes of Jesus? Through the heart of the Abba Father?
- How are you caring for the needy/lost around you? In what tangible ways are you able to show them the love of God?
Take turn to bless one another. Father (mother, or spiritual leader), pray a short blessing over the family.
Healed and Filled
The apostle Paul is, unquestionably, the greatest missionary of all times. His footsteps span through continents establishing numerous churches. He wrote a number of books of the New Testament and is the one who formulated Christian doctrines as we know them today. It is interesting to see how God met him, changed his life, called him into ministry and prepared him. He is our example in serving the Lord and obeying His call in our lives.
Paul’s conversion was nothing less than spectacular, Jesus revealing Himself to him on the road to Damascus as a bright light from heaven and a voice from above. This manifest presence of the risen Lord changed Paul’s mind about Christ, causing him to call Jesus “Lord” and obeyed what he was told. He was to go into the city and await instructions. For three days, he was blind, neither ate nor drank in waiting for someone to come to him.
At that time, Ananias, a disciple in Damascus, received a vision from the Lord about Saul of Tarsus. He was to go to him and tell him his life’s destiny. God had a plan for Paul and Ananias was the person God used to convey it. In short, God had chosen Paul to carry His name before the Gentiles, kings and the children of Israel, He was to suffer for the sake of God’s name while he would be doing God’s bidding.
Paul was converted miraculously and was given a mission for his life through another disciple who sought him out and told him. God prepared Paul through Ananias who told him that his mission was to heal him and to fill him with the Holy Spirit. In order to be a missionary or an apostle, Paul could not go with scales in his eyes. He needed healing and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit before he could begin to live out God’s plan in his life.
The healing was more than physical, it was emotional and spiritual as well. Saul persecuted the church and arrested Christians, breaking up their churches and their families. The same people he was persecuting would become his own spiritual family. What tremendous shame and guilt he would have felt! He was in spiritual darkness but now he is in God’s light. The healing was the first preparation for anyone to serve the Lord. Once you are healed, you are ready to serve God.
Today, many are serving God with unhealed wounds, physical, emotional and spiritual. This would prevent the Holy Spirit from filling them and so they operate on woundedness. Some even called themselves “wounded healers”. Are you serving God with wounds in your life? Go and ask God for healing so that there would not be any hindrance for the Holy Spirit to fill you. Be healed and be filled now.