@ City Impact San Francisco
- Registration Forms
– CHECKS: Make check payable to ‘SJCAC’**
– ZELLE: Use email@example.com
**Please add [your student’s name] and ‘Kids on Mission’ to the memo line
• Kinder – 5th grade (At least one parent must join the trip)
• 6th – 12th grade (can participate without parents)
1. Mandatory Training Dates:
Sunday’s 1:15-2:45 pm
April 2, May 7, June 4, July 9
2. 6/26-30, 2023 Kids Adventure Camp
Fee: $315 per participant
Application due: 3/12/2023 (Sunday) + $75 nonrefundable deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
God is raising a generation of children, youth and adults to be ON MISSION! As sharpened arrows, no one is ever too young to engage with God’s heart for the world. What an opportunity to expose our children to the physical and spiritual needs of people living in extreme poverty and without the hope of the Gospel. It’s time for our children, youth, and families to rise up and engage with God’s big world.
- Who can go?
We are opening this trip to any child 5+ years. The child(ren) 5 years – 5th grade must be accompanied by at least one parent for the entire duration of the trip. The parent can discern if the child can keep up with the demands of the ministry schedule as well as the child’s readiness to engage with homeless and prayer ministries. This may be the first step for families to engage outside of our comfort zones and allow children to see first hand the real needs of the poor and hopeless right in our backyard.
Youth from grades 6th-12th can participate in this trip without parents.
- What will we do there?
City Impact is located at the heart of the Tenderloin District of San Francisco. It is a spiritually dark place, marked with a heavy homeless population. We will engage in three intensive days of hands-on ministry. The first and last evenings of the trip will be focused on preparation and debrief team time.
- Why is the application due so early?
We do not see this trip as an isolated trip that we plan for just a few weeks beforehand. We want to use the entire 4 months (April – July) prior to the trip for intentional discipleship, understanding of God’s heart for the lost and spiritual training in intercession. The trip will only be the culmination of all the children and youth have engaged with months leading up to the trip.
- What are the required training and meeting dates?
• Training dates have been set in preparation for the Mission Trip (Children Intercessory School) on Sunday’s, 1:15-2:45pm: April 2, May 7, June 4, July 9. Only 1 excused absence is accepted. You are required to contact Leonora Taylor 72 hours prior to the scheduled training date to receive an excused absence.
• 6/26-6/30, 2023 Kids Adventure Camp
– Children: attend
– Youth: serve
• Debrief Meeting: Wednesday, July 12 after dinner at City Impact.
- What if I sign up and end up missing more than 1 training?
Once you miss more than 1 training or do not participate in the full duration of the training, you will be dismissed from the trip. No exceptions will be made. This is the reason we are giving you the dates in advance so your family can plan around these set dates. Deposits and raised funds will not be returned.
- What will we do during the training time?
The training is called “Children Intercessory School”. We will learn about spiritual warfare and our divine gift of intercession as children of God. Assignments will be given and expected to be completed.
– Required Readings (to be brought to the first training date on April 2)
Every parent of a team member is required to purchase and read “How to Pray: A Simple Guide for Normal People” by Pete Greig
– Every child/youth is required to read “How to Pray: A Guide for Young Explorers” by Pete Greig with Gemma Hunt
– A schedule for reading deadlines will be presented at the first training.
- When is the application due?
Applications are due by March 12, 2023 by 1pm to the church office. The Individual, Family, Student and Parent (for non-youth) applications must be filled out and submitted. Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. A $75/participant deposit is required with the application. Check should be payable to “SJCAC”, Memo ”Kids on Mission Deposit”. The total cost of the trip will be $315.
- How many people can be part of the team?
There are 28 spots available for children, youth and adults.