Youth News: PRAYER MARCH – Jun 10, Wed @ 10amThursday July 2nd, 2020
02 Jul 2020
Dear Youth Family,
Our beloved children in CM (Children Ministry) have been preparing beautiful blessing cards for the SJPD! Youth are more than welcomed to join with us as we pray for our city of San Jose. If you’re planning to come out tomorrow, we ask that you abide by the CDC guidelines of maintaining 6ft distancing. This isn’t a social gathering for us Youth Family, but rather a time to profess Christ amidst the darkness.
To youth & parents who are able: We are gathering this Wednesday, June 10 to pray, worship, and do a prayer march from San Jose City Hall to the San Jose Police Department, to pray and sing over our beloved city.
- 10:00 – 10:30 Meet at City Hall for prayer & worship
- San Jose City Hall: 200 E Santa Clara St.
- Plan to arrive early to find parking and walk over.
- 10:30 – 11:15 Prayer march from City Hall to San Jose Police Department (about 2 miles) with our prophetic signages
- San Jose Police Department: 855 N San Pedro St.
- Meet at alleyway between the police department and old jail.
- 11:15 – 11:45 Pray & worship at the Police Department. Give blessing cards made by our CM kids.
- Please note there is a “person of peace” at the Police Department who will receive our blessing cards and our prayers on behalf of the department.
- If you cannot join us for the entire time, please meet us in select locations according to this schedule.
How to prepare:
- Have your youth prepare a blessing card to give to the police department (you can upload it here or bring it with you if you’re coming)
- Wear masks
- Prepare a prophetic signage for the city of San Jose (words, phrases, pictures on paper/poster/cardboard)
- Bring water
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you’re going as a family please remind your youth to stay with you at all times as we will practice social distancing.
Please note this is NOT a protest or demonstration. Rather, it is a prayer march to speak words of blessings and peace and SING over the city of San Jose.
See you tomorrow!
by Audrey Kwong