Hi Youth Family,
Just a few months ago our Youth and adult helpers went on a 19-hour drive to Lake Tahoe where we learned to conquer our giants. Yesterday’s Time with Abba passage covered the same story of David defeating the giant, Goliath. Here are a few things that I learned from this:
- A Different Perspective — (1 Sam. 17:26) When everyone else saw Goliath’s height and might, they trembled and were afraid. David knew the living God and God was bigger than this giant.
- Remember — (1 Sam 17:34-37) David never fought in a battle, but David remembered God’s help in defeating the lion and bear, therefore, God will also save him here.
- Just a Youth — (1 Sam. 17:14) David was only a kid, but because of his faith in God, he was able to conquer the giant before him.
- Saul’s armor — (1 Sam. 17:38-40) Saul was a man of the world and tried to cloak David in armor similar to Goliath. But David refused to go in the armor to defeat the giant. In the same way, we as the church do not always need to use “tactics” of the world, but instead, trust in God.
God is trustworthy! Jesus is enough! Conquer your giants today.”
E2 NEWS overview
- E2 meets in different rooms
- LIFE Fundraiser Thank You!
- Softball Signup
- KAC Volunteers wanted
5/18 E2 Small Groups
5/25 No E2: Memorial Day Holiday
– – – – –
6/1 E2 Fellowship
6/8 E2 Fellowship
6/15 No E2: Graduation Dinner
6/22 E2 Fellowship
6/29 No E2: Mexicali STM
– – – – –
E2 meets in different rooms this Saturday, 5/18
Due to the Cantonese Congregation hosting an international guest speaker this Saturday, the sanctuary will not be used for our youth fellowship.
Please meet in the following rooms for check-in and announcements.
7:00pm High School – Youth Wing
Junior High – A201
7:30pm Students will be dismissed to their small group rooms.
Mother’s Day Fundraiser THANK YOU!
Thank you all for your generosity and support last week. We raised over $1,500 from the flowers and bake goodies!
SJCAC Softball League
Softball season for the Church League has started. Signup to play on a team!
For more details or any questions, contact Wayland Shih at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids Adventure Camp Volunteers Wanted
Kids Adventure Camp (KAC) is back! This five-day summer program is for children PreK – 5th grade and will need many volunteers. JH/HS students and any adult who would like to apply to be a volunteer are encouraged to signup through this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeA6-bPFdV1i6kOtMTu8CxUfYlsV7MCdtgIwyGI2afFx5_Www/viewform?embedded=true
For more information, contact Sandy Kang at email@example.com.