Hi Youth Family!
Last weekend was full of different emotions. There was Chinese New Year celebrations, where some of you got new clothes, red envelopes, and awesome foods. At Youth Group, we had Care Group Night, awesome foods, games and community time. Then on Sunday morning, in the middle of service, the nation heard about the tragic loss of Los Angeles Laker legend Kobe Bryant (41), his daughter (13), and 7 others who died in a helicopter crash.
How must we respond to tragic moments like these?
- It is important to mourn the loss of an inspiring person. Mourn in solidarity with those who mourn. This practice of mourning helps us develop compassion and connection for those who suffer.
- It’s important to stop at this moment to consider our own mortality. (Ecclesiastes 7:2) Death has an appointment for all people, but God’s word assures us that life doesn’t have to end with death on earth, but there is an eternity where we might one day rule with Christ.
- It is important for each of us to consider our limited time, and be intentional in seeking and living out God’s purposeful design for us.
Action Steps for the Church:
- Mourn with those who Mourn:
- Pray for those who are in need of a Savior
- Choose to be intentional with the life we are given.
E2 NEWS overview
- Youth Baptism Class Begins 2/23
- Youth Winter Retreat Update
- E2 Hoodie Payments
- Save the Dates:
- ‘State of the Youth’ Parent Meeting 2/22
- Screenagers Movie 2/29
2/1 E2 JH & HS Small Groups
2/8 E2 JH & HS Small Groups
2/15 No E2: Winter Retreat
2/22 • 5pm State of Youth Parent Mtg
• E2 Large Group
2/29 Screenagers Movie
– – – – –
3/7 No E2: Deeper Life Conference
3/14 E2 JH Small Groups / HS Talk
3/21 E2 JH Talk / HS Small Groups
3/28 E2 Large Group
– – – – –
Youth Baptism Class Begins
Sunday, Feb. 23
What is Baptism?
Why is this important among Christians?
Should you be baptized?
What does our church believe in?
What does the Gospel have to do with me?
Come find out more at the Youth Baptism Class. Sign up below if you are interested in knowing more or if you’d like to get baptized at the April 12th Baptismal Service.
Baptism classes will be held in the Youth Wing starting Sunday, 2/23 at 1pm.
Youth Winter Retreat Update
Registration for the Youth Winter Retreat is officially closed. We welcome your prayers for the 94 students, the speaker and counselors that will be attending. Pray for God’s mighty work in and through the hearts of His children in the days before, during and after the retreat. The theme for this year is ‘Momentum’!
E2 Hoodie Payments
For all those who ordered hoodies, please turn in your $25 payment to Sam Kes. Payments must be prepaid before receiving hoodies! Make checks payable to SJCAC with a memo: E2 hoodie. If you have any questions please message email@example.com
Save the Date: STATE OF THE YOUTH Parent Meeting
Saturday, Feb. 22 @ 5pm-6pm
Parents, mark your calendars now! Are you curious about what God is doing in the lives of your students? Come and hear all about what God is doing especially as this meeting is the week after Winter retreat.
Save the Date: SCREENAGERS Movie
(with Chinese subtitles!)
Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020 @ 7pm-9pm
Update: There WILL be subtitles in Chinese for our Cantonese and Mandarin speaking families. All parents, students, and friends are welcome to attend. Childcare is provided for children 10yrs old and under.