Winter Retreat is just around the corner and many of you have been preparing your heart to receive from the Lord. This preparation can come in all kinds of form such as fasting, praying, setting time with Abba, and so much more. However, for those who are struggling in receiving from God, I encourage you to take a step back and ask yourself, “What is it that I need to do first?” Proverbs 8:13 says this…
“To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.” (NIV)
As simple as this verse may be, we notice a distinctive character of God. God hates evil and evil in itself takes up many forms: pride, arrogance, bad behavior, perverse speech and etc. Now, what does this have to do with taking a step back is simply this… To fear the LORD is to hate evil. The fear of the Lord in itself is the most healthy fear to have. To revere God cultivates a healthy growth in our lives. God wants us to come before Him with an open heart. He doesn’t like it when we hold on to unhealthy thinking or wrongdoings in our heart. Check yourself with the guidance of the Holy Spirit today and ask Him, “What is it that I am holding onto that I need to give up before you Jesus?” Trust in His plans for you and seek Him above all else that you are facing daily.
E2 NEWS overview
- Winter Retreat Important Info
- No E2 on 2/16
- No 2nd Service on 2/17
- Volleyball League Update
2/9 E2 Large Group
2/16 No E2 (Winter Retreat)
2/23 E2 Large Group
– – – – –
3/2 E2 Small Group
3/9 No E2 (Deeper Life Conf.)
3/16 E2 Small Group
3/23 E2 Large Group
3/30 No E2
Frontline/Meetings before E2 this weekend:
- Prayer Frontline Meeting
FRONTLINE GROUPS & CONTACT INFO:
Community Development • Barnabas Yuen, Isabel Kang
Com/Tech/Media • Amanda Kiang, Sherman Wong
Hospitality • Chloe Chow, Ellie Chow, Hanna Poon
Prayer • Andy Hsu, Bethany Kiang, Hana Yung
Special Events • Abigail Yuen, Allison Tran, Daniel Chun
Worship • John Hsu, Michelle Chew
2019 Winter Retreat IMPORTANT INFO
MEET @ 4pm, FRIDAY 2/15
Check in time is at 4pm, Friday, at SJCAC in the sanctuary. Remember to allow extra time for Friday commute traffic.
- Please tag all pieces of luggage with student’s name.
- Rolling luggage cases are preferred for the short walk from the bus to/from the venue.
- Limit one luggage and one backpack.
- If using plastic bags for covering any loose items, we recommend using CLEAR plastic bags. DO NOT USE dark trash bags as they can be (and have been) confused for trash. White trash bags are ok only if labeled with a name.
- Snow Gear We are anticipating snow and very cold weather. Plan to bring waterproof gloves, jacket, pants, boots, and a beanie for the snow.
THINGS TO BRING on the Bus:
- BYO-BBD: (Bring Your Own ‘Brown Bag’ Dinner) for the bus ride on Friday. We will not be stopping for a mealtime, only a quick stretch.
- BYO-RWB: (Bring Your Own Refillable Water Bottle) Remember to label your reusable bottles to distinguish them from others.
- If your student is prone to motion sickness, please have them pack motion sickness pills. A limited supply of Dramamine will be available on the bus.
NO E2 meeting on 2/16
NO 2nd Service at SJCAC on 2/17
Due to the Winter Retreat, there is NO E2 meeting on Saturday, Feb. 16 AND there will not be a 2nd hour English Worship Service at SJCAC. Please plan to join English service during the 1st hour at 9:30am on Sunday, Feb. 17.