Can you believe that Winter Retreat is next week!? So far the forecast looks great so let’s continue to pray for our travels.
In Exodus, we continue to read about the laws set by God. More importantly, we read about the promise of the Lord’s presence. God was making it clear to the Israelites of what would happen if they would choose to go with or without Him into the promised land. Moses relays this out to the people and in Exodus 24:3 we read this,
“3 Then Moses went down to the people and repeated all the instructions and regulations the Lord had given him. All the people answered with one voice, “We will do everything the Lord has commanded.” (ESV)
Before we head out for Winter Retreat let’s ask ourselves, “What covenant have we agreed to with our Heavenly Father?” God is going to work mightily at Winter Retreat but did you know that when we say yes to Him, He is already at work in us! Let’s prepare our hearts for Him this week youth.
E2 NEWS overview
- Youth Winter Retreat Update
- Mexicali/Mexico Training 2/9
- E2 Hoodie Payments
- Enlighten Mental Health Seminar 2/29
- Screenagers Movie 2/29
2/8 E2 JH & HS Small Groups
2/15 No E2: Winter Retreat
2/22 • 5pm State of Youth Parent Mtg
• E2 Large Group
2/29 Screenagers Movie
– – – – –
3/7 No E2: Deeper Life Conference
3/14 E2 JH Small Groups / HS Talk
3/21 E2 JH Talk / HS Small Groups
3/28 E2 Large Group
– – – – –
2020 Youth Winter Retreat IMPORTANT INFO
Meet @ 4pm, next FRIDAY 2/14
Check in time is at 4pm at SJCAC in the sanctuary. Remember to allow extra time for Friday commute traffic. The bus leaves at 5pm. Don’t be late!!
- Please tag all pieces of luggage with student’s name.
- Rolling luggage cases are preferred for the short walk from the bus to/from the venue.
- Limit of one luggage and one backpack per student.
- If using plastic bags for covering any loose items, we recommend using CLEAR plastic bags. DO NOT USE dark trash bags as they can be (and have been) confused for trash. White trash bags are ok only if labeled with a name.
- Snow Gear We are anticipating snow and very cold weather. Plan to bring waterproof gloves, jacket, pants, boots, and a beanie for the snow.
THINGS TO BRING on the bus:
- BYOBBD: (Bring Your Own ‘Brown Bag’ Dinner) for the bus ride on Friday. We will not be stopping for a mealtime, only a quick stretch.
- BYORWB: (Bring Your Own Refillable Water Bottle) Remember to label your reusable bottles to distinguish them from others.
- If your student is prone to motion sickness, please have them pack motion sickness pills. A limited supply of Dramamine will be available on the bus.
REMINDER: Mexicali/Mexico Training Meeting
Sunday, Feb. 9, 2020
1pm – 3pm in the Youth Wing
E2 Hoodie Payments
For those who pre-ordered, your hoodies are on their way to us! Thank you for those who have paid already. Just a friendly reminder to say that if you haven’t paid for your pre-ordered hoodie, you will not be able to pick them up. We are planning to hand out hoodies on Friday before we set out for Winter Retreat. Bring cash or check to me by 2/14. Please make checks payable to SJCAC with E2 Hoodie as the memo.
If you have paid already, you should have received a confirmation email from Sam Kes. If you have any questions contact email@example.com
Enlighten Mental Health Seminar
Feb. 29, 2020 @ 9am-12:30pm
The topic of Mental Health is on the rise in the world around us as well as its effects in our community. Let’s come together and learn how we can walk with those affected. Enlighten Mental Health Ministry is inviting you and your families to a half-day seminar to encourage and educate our community around mental health.
Two workshops are offered on the topics of:
- Depression and What To Do About It – by Dr. Phillip Lowe, PsyD
- Caring For The Carer – by Susana Fong, LCSW
DATE: Feb. 29, 2020
TIME: 9:00am – 12:30pm
PLACE: Lord’s Grace Christian Church, 1101 San Antonio Road
For more details and to register, go to: https://enlightenmentalhealth.org/
Cost is $15 for one workshop / $25 for both workshops. Register by Feb. 15, 2020 for early bird pricing.
Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020 @ 7pm-9pm
How much is too much screen time?
Why do you care how much time kids spend on screens?
A MUST SEE documentary film for Parents and Youth!! Screenagers I (中文字幕) on Saturday, February 29, 2020 from 7:00PM – 9:00PM; this is for all parents and youth 10 years or older. Childcare will be available for those under 10 years old. MOVIE TRAILER: www.screenagersmovie.com
Family Screen Time Agreement Template and Ideas by Delaney, filmmaker of Screenagers