Can you believe that Christmas is almost here?!? As many of us are in the holiday mindset or finishing finals, I want to bless you all with a refreshing verse from Psalm 143: 8. It says this,
“In the morning let me hear about your faithful love,
because I’ve put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should live,
because I trust you with my life” (NIRV)
As we enter into these upcoming days of Christmas. Let us remember that He is the reason for this season. In fact, take time each morning building up to Christmas day in placing your trust in His ways. For when we surrender our trust to Christ, He will show you the way to live in truth through His faithful love. This is a friendly reminder in saying, Merry Christmas and may you all find peace in placing your trust in His perfect plans for you.
E2 NEWS overview
- JH and HS Christmas Parties RSVP
- Winter Retreat Registration
– – – – –
12/22 Youth Christmas Lunch Parties
12/29 No E2
– – – – –
1/5 No E2
1/12 E2 Small Groups
1/19 NO E2 (Youth Lock-In)
1/26 E2 Student led Outreach
– – – – –
2/2 E2 Large Group
2/9 E2 Small Groups
2/16 No E2 (Winter Retreat)
2/23 E2 Large Group
– – – – –
Frontline/Meetings before E2 this weekend:
- No Frontline meetings scheduled.
Double check with your Torchbearer leader.
Community Development • Barnabas Yuen, Isabel Kang
Com/Tech/Media • Amanda Kiang, Sherman Wong
Hospitality • Chloe Chow, Ellie Chow, Hanna Poon, Jonathan Xue
Prayer • Andy Hsu, Bethany Kiang, Hana Yung
Special Events • Abigail Yuen, Allison Tran, Daniel Chun
Worship • John Hsu, Michelle Chew
JH & HS Christmas Parties RSVP
Our Youth Christmas Parties will be here soon. After all your projects, presentations and finals are done, come together and hang out, play games and eat with good company as we celebrate the reason for the season, Jesus.
This year, the parties are right across the street from each other! Location details are on the SignUpGenius links below. Feel free to invite your friend(s)!
DATE: December 22, 2018 (Sat.)
TIME: 11am – 3pm
What to bring:
- One potluck item (according to grade on SignUpGenius links below)
- One wrapped gift ($10 minimum)
Jan. 20-21, 2019
All youth are invited to an overnight Lock-In at church. Cost is $10 and guests are free! DEADLINE to register is 12/22, Saturday.
2019 Winter Retreat Registration
February 15-18, 2019
Our speaker for the upcoming Winter Retreat ‘Conquering Giants’ will be Gil Blanco, C&MA Director in Mexicali. Registration involves three steps:
- Complete online form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf_Qjp9pgffsvraStQ4RCGqTSnw24dQVe7b16OGOJElAhRECA/viewform
- Print and fill out ‘Waiver‘ form: https://www.sjcac.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/SJCAC-General-Activity-Waiver.pdf
- Turn in your Registration Fee with Waiver to Pastor David, Sam or Audrey. (Fee before 1/14: $275 per person, after 1/14: $295 per person)